5 tips to plan the honeymoon of a lifetime
How to plan for an exceptional honeymoon
The most anticipated event after a couple ties the knot is where they'll go for their honeymoon. However, lots of effort is required for an excellent trip.
It’s often misunderstood that the honeymoon has a timeline. But, couples are different, and they go for what works for them. Some prefer having it immediately after their wedding while others plan it years later after they’ve settled down. Regardless of the method you go for, doing your best in honeymoon planning and execution is what matters the most.
Both partners have their ‘dream vacation place’ that they would prefer to go to. They might also have different tastes in the general vibe of proper honeymoon places. So after a successful match from hookup sites to a wedding, how should you plan for your honeymoon getaway?
What should a honeymoon include?
To start off, we thought it would be better if we pointed out a few components of an ideal honeymoon. Having this in your checklist makes it easier for you to plan for everything without missing any important considerations. The honeymoon components are:
- Location – You must look for the best honeymoon destinations. This will give way to multiple reviews, making research even more manageable as you get into details.
- Transportation – Are you driving, flying, using a train, or sailing to your honeymoon location? A clear means of transport is vital for budgeting and checking the availability of those means.
- Accommodation – Where will you be spending the nights at? There are multiple highly-rated honeymoon suites worldwide, and you can easily select one in your intended destination. Please consider the proximity to different major malls, security, and emergency reaction in the area as you’re doing so.
- Meals – After deciding when to plan a honeymoon, food and drinks should be part of that move. Check out the packages offered by the hotel. You can consider going for half board packages to have your lunch in different hotels in the area. It helps you taste the different cuisines and signature dishes of multiple hotels. However, you can go for full board or all-inclusive to enjoy the ultimate services at your desired hotel.
- Recreation – How can the newly wedded have fun in the area? Check out the different recreational facilities around the honeymoon places and go for the one you’d immensely enjoy yourselves.
- Duration – How long is also an important consideration. If you’re both at work, you need to properly schedule your work leaves so that you can go as long as a month if you can keep up the funding that long. It becomes easier if you are a business owner with reliable employees.
- Camera – You have to take snaps of most of the moments for memories’ sake. You can only clearly remember the moments you shared while you are away by going through the photos you took. You can also use your phone if it takes quality photos.
- Extras – You should include other additional things such as treats (manicure, pedicure, sauna, massage, face treatment, etc.) in your budget to avoid surprise expenses.
Tips to plan the honeymoon of a lifetime
Now that you’ve got all the components in place, the task ahead is how to plan a honeymoon trip. Many couples get it right, while a good share ends up in disappointments. It would be best to consider utilizing tips to plan a honeymoon to avoid making mistakes in the process. Some of the things to take note of include:
1. Begin planning early
The earlier, the better! If you want to execute a honeymoon gateway effectively, you should consider starting your planning process quite early. The benefits of planning quite early give you enough room to adequately research the different honeymoon ideas and makes it easier to decide without pressure.
Planning early also helps you have a reasonable timeline to save up for your honeymoon. These after-wedding getaways are memorable, and you should go all out for them. That involves more spending. In that case, you should have the cash in time, and saving is a good way of piling up the money until the due date.
You can never do proper planning if you’re not collaborating with your partner. Cooperation helps you talk about the best honeymoon destinations, making it easier when it comes to decision-making. Moreover, the coordination brings about ideas that best suit both of you which is something you’d want to go for to create that balance.
3. Consider any offers
Whether you’re planning for the trip alone or chose to work with a travel agency, offers are something to watch. Both hotels and travel agencies have discounts on special packages such as honeymoon vacations. You should pay attention to such offers to save up on cash and redirect it to other expenses. Offers take some weight off your budget and also open doors to multiple explorations while in your getaway.
How would you work without a budget? The best way to plan a honeymoon overseas is through having a financial plan for the trip. Budgeting puts things on level ground. You get to work with the approximate prices of different expenses, making it easier for you to know what you are saving for. In addition, it also helps you budget for any hidden costs or unexpected expenses.
That in mind simplifies the entire process as you will quickly have figures to work with. You should also be aware of the high and low seasons to see where you can save. The budget often dictates when to plan the honeymoon depending on the financial demands of the trip.
5. Adequately resource for information
Research! Research! Research! Piling up information of the intended destinations, suites, recreation, costs of transport and details about the surrounding is important. You can source data from websites that review the hotels, check out the ratings and reviews from past users, and generally any information provided online.
However, you can’t entirely rely on online information. If you know someone who has been to the place, consider asking them to tell you their experience and what to expect. Factual information from the residents can also be dependable to some extent.
Planning for your honeymoon is an exciting course. You get to discuss with your partner the different destinations to opt for and what you can probably enjoy while there. Coming to a joint decision is essential so that you can facilitate the planning process at ease. Are you planning for your honeymoon? When are you planning to take off to your honeymoon destination? Leave us a comment.