Simple steps to clear cookies and cache on browsers: chrome, mozilla and edge
This article will help you clear cookies and cache in almost all browsers. What are cookies? Cookies are the text files with small pieces of data such as a username and password, or data of websites you have already visited on your computer. They help websites to remember you and web developers to serve you with other things you may be interested in. They are majorly stored on browsers.
Clear cookies on Chrome browser step by step
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser. You will see a number of options.
- Click on Settings which is the third last option. This will take you to a window with several other options.
- Scroll down until you reach Privacy and Security. You will see several items such as Clear browsing data, Cookies and other site data, Security…
- Click on Clear browsing data, which is the first option.
- Select Basic
- Under Time range select All time
- Select all three options presented (most of the time, they are already selected by default). They are Browsing history; Cookies and site data; Cached images and files
- Click on Clear data
- Select Advanced
- Under Time range , select All time
- Make sure these items are selected and checked: Browsing history; Download history; Cookies and other site data; Cached images and files
- Click on Clear data
Clear cookies on Edge browser in 7 steps
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select and click on Settings. You will be taken to a window with two sections: Settings on the left and Your profile on the right side.
- Under the Settings side, select and click on Cookies and site permissions.
- This will reveal a window titled Cookies and data stored on the right side. Click on Manage and delete cookies and site data, which is the first option.
- On the new page that is shown, the fourth item is See all cookies and site data. Click on it.
- You will now see all the cookies and site data stored on your browser. On the top left side, there are two options: Remove all and Remove third-party cookies.
- Click on any of the two options. You will receive a warning about being logged out of some websites. It only means you will have to log into the websites again, but your browser will be fresh without any data. Press Clear all.
Clear cookies on Mozilla Firefox browser step by step
- Click on the three lines at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select and click on Settings. You will be taken to a window with two sections on the left and on the right. Mozilla Firefox has very few items compared to Edge and Chrome, so it is easy.
- Select and click on Privacy and Security. On the right hand side, you should see the page: Browser Privacy.
- Scroll down the Browser privacy page until you see Cookies and site data.
- Click on the Clear data button.
- This one is pretty straight forward. Make sure you check/select the boxes against Cookies and site data and Cached web content.
- Press on Clear.