You can send money across networks. That means you can send mobile money from MPESA to Airtel Money or T-Kash and vice-versa. Follow the process below to send money from MPESA to Airtel Money:
- Dial *234#
- Select Option 1. MPESA products. (You will see a list of products. Scroll to the end)
- Enter 98: More (This will open more options)
- Select Option 8. MPESA Tuma Popote
- Enter the Airtel number you wish to send funds to
- Enter your PIN
MPESA to Airtel rates 2019
|Min||Max||Transfer to Airtel Money user|
How to send Airtel Money to MPESA
When sending money from Airtel Money to MPESA, follow the steps below.
- Dial *222*1#
- Select Option 1. Language Select
- Select Send money
- Select Option 2. Send money to MPESA
- Enter mobile number of recipients
- Enter PIN
- Press OK to send.
Airtel Money to MPESA rates 2019
You might be asking yourself which one between MPESA and Airtel Money is cheaper or the most affordable. There are two things to consider here:
- Airtel money has the cheapest rates when sending money both within and across the networks. For instance, while MPESA charges KES 105 to transfer amounts above KES 20,000 across networks, Airtel Money charges just KES 66. You can compare the MPESA charges rates with those of Airtel Money and you will see a huge difference.
- While Airtel Money has very low rates, it is difficult to find their agents when you want to withdraw cash. Remember you can only withdraw mobile money cash from an agent registered with the particular telco company. MPESA has the largest distribution of agents across the country and it is easy to get them anywhere.